Search the forum,

Discuss leaky pipe under floor in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, Ive hot a lot of standing water under my floorboards.
I cant get access right underneath, but can guess at it being a certain speedfit pipe as I can hear dripping from a certain area.
its not protected in anything, Im wondering if theres an easy way of attaching a new pipe and pulling ot through ?
it seems to go through bends , Obviosly could just use a compression fitting but that would protrude and possibly catch on joists etc,
Is there a better way of doing this please?

Is there a better way of doing this please?
I doubt you'll be able to 'pull through' a new piece of pipe if it's not straight. Even then, it'll take more luck than I usually have.

Take up floor boards at strategic points. I'd start with near where you can hear the dripping. Unlikely to be the pipe itself unless a rat's taken a nibble, more likely a strained or split coupling.

Have you consulted your insurance company? It may be covered.

Speedfit, for all its faults is often really easy to fix, but you must find the leak first. That's the hard part.

if its been fitted correctly you wont get it out. if its been fitted that badly it can be pulled out it will probably leak again being replaced in the same way.

Reply to leaky pipe under floor in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for your advice... As the title mentions, my issue is with the water pipes of the house causing the floor to vibrate. I have singled out the issue to the joists that the floorboards sit on carrying the vibrations throughout the house. We do not have hot water...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope someone can help me. I'm in England. I would like to know if it's okay to bury copper water pipes under a concrete floor. I've tried to look up the regs but's it's like double dutch to me. The pipes will be wrapped in hessian, overlaid with PIR insulation and then screed. I don't...
Replies
Views
Hi. What would you recommend for pipe support whilst running 15mm central heating pipes parallel to floor joists? My idea is to screw wood supports perpendicular to the joists and clip the pipes to the top, or, screw-in wood supports with 22mm holes and pass through the pipe. When the pipe...
Replies
Views
Evening all, So I had an eventful day yesterday, was asked to replace some floor boards as they had rotten out, set my depth on my circular to 20mm just about 1mm more than needed, on my first cut I managed to nick two heating pipes and the gas pipe. After isolating the gas rather quick and...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, what's the best way of replacing this leaking & corroded yorkshire T under the floorboards ?? Along with many other things in this property it's been leaking for years probably never installed properly in the first place! I am a little worried about using my small GAZ blowlamp...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock