Search the forum,

Discuss Leaky Connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chuggers

Hi

I have notice I have leaky connector in my main water tank, I have replaced the connector which sloe down the leak, upon further inspection the slow leak is from hair line crack in the bottom of the tank which is under the connector, (This could of be done when I removed the old one) over time connector started to leak again but from the top of the connector,

Is it possible that the hair line crack is causing the to flow of water to come out from the top of the connector or is this because the connector is not on straight or not fitted correctly

Any help will be great

Hi

I have notice I have leaky connector in my main water tank, I have replaced the connector which sloe down the leak, upon further inspection the slow leak is from hair line crack in the bottom of the tank which is under the connector, (This could of be done when I removed the old one) over time connector started to leak again but from the top of the connector,

Is it possible that the hair line crack is causing the to flow of water to come out from the top of the connector or is this because the connector is not on straight or not fitted correctly

Any help will be great

Photos speak louder than words, good photos do with the flash on

Could the 'hair line crack' have been made slightly bigger through vibrations so it now seems as if it is coming out of the top of the connector?

But yes i agree, photos always speak louder than words

Last edited by a moderator:
Unable to good photos to the access to the connector very hard to get a clear shot

tank co.jpg

Right can you explain where it's leaking from and does it look like this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaky Connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a plumber in to replace my old pan connector as it was leaking due to the wax deteriorating. Now when this toilet clogs up (which is a separate issue), it leaks from somewhere at the back. I can't tell where it's from but can tell for sure it's not from the water inlet or the toilet side...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a leaking toilet and I need to replace the filling valve device which is a Geberit 810.L3 Type 340 with a 1/2" connector. Problem I've got is the connection under the tank (image attached). The top plastic nut (yellow) is only to hold the fill valve in place - I can undo it by...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm copper pipe. But this thing is not budging at all its like its welded or super glued on, I am using some water pliers on both points here but its not...
Replies
Views
Got a replacement combination boiler, less that 1 year old. Noticed some water from the connection pictured. Can't see what is it from the manuals, possibly a rainwater drain? Was told by the person from Vaillant that it was an A A V (auto air vent), but she didn't sound too certain! Can...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so you can understand my problem. Can anyone tell me the best way to blank off that pipe. (That's the vertical brass pipe in the photos)
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock