Search the forum,

Discuss Leaky Carron Phoenix Zinia Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lippy427

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the Carron Phoenix Zinia tap?

We have a leaky one - and after some searching I have managed to get a replacement cartridge (the tap hasn't been made for a few years and the cartridges are no longer made).

However, I'm unable to dismantle the tap!

The cartridge came with a plastic 'key' that you are supposed to use to unscrew the top of the tap (sort of goes inside a hexagon hole ) but the top is on so tight I've just mangled the plastic key.

I've even tried box spanners (cheap set from screwfix, so not the strongest metal) and I've even managed to mangle those too. Part of the problem is I'm not even sure which way you're supposed to unscrew the top.

If anyone has any ideas or experience of of these taps, I'd be grateful to hear it.

Thanks
Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaky Carron Phoenix Zinia Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock