Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Vaillant Turbo Max VCK182E, 242E 282E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lynn Stewart

20140103_115451.jpgI really hope someone can help me here. I'm a Scottish woman living in Turkey, and my Turkish isnt that good to call out an engineer, or is the problem really worth calling out an engineer?? As you can see from the photo, there is a leak coming from somewhere, I dont know the type of boiler, just that it says Vaillant Turbo Max VCK182E, 242E 282E on the instruction booklet. I've had this house for nearly a year and its just the past fortnight that its started to drip. Any thoughts guys?

Can you post a picture from a little further away? Is the boiler losing pressure?

That open end should be piped outside!
you will need an engineer, but tell him the pressure relief vslve is dripping. ( in Turkish ) he should know whay to bring.

Hi Scott_d ... no the boiler isnt loosing pressure and I still have hot water at all times.

Hi Scott_d ... no the boiler isnt loosing pressure and I still have hot water at all times.
As the others have said it looks like the pressure relief valve is dripping (the water would be coming from the threaded part where the arrow is pointing) This needs to be piped to outside or a suitable location as its a safety device. If the pressure gets too high, usually when its very hot, it is released through this valve.

As the others have said it looks like the pressure relief valve is dripping (the water would be coming from the threaded part where the arrow is pointing) This needs to be piped to outside or a suitable location as its a safety device. If the pressure gets too high, usually when its very hot, it is released through this valve.

Its leaking water at all times, not just when Im using the hot water... is this serious??... Im just using a bucket to catch the drips :)

Not serious unless you are underneath the valve when it blows off, but it won't fix itself, get your engineer to check the pressure in the expansion vessel at the same time he replaces the leaking valve, this could be the reason it started leaking in the first place.

If it is the PRV leaking eventually your pressure will drop and the boiler wont work until it is topped up. If the pressure doesn't drop it may be something else inside the boiler dripping, either way you will need someone to look at it.

This is the phrase you need Lynn.

Benim kazanı sızdırıyor. Lütfen düzeltin. Beni kandırmaya çalışmayın. Seni incitecek erkekleri biliyorum ....

Lynn, turn off the mains stopcock tonight, and check if water stops coming out, if it doesn't leave it off over night and check if the boiler pressure has dropped in the morning and let us know.

Dont turn the mains back on till you ahev checked.

do you know where the heating filling loop is?
post up a photo if you do.

I think it's the VCW and thats the DHW section...I will stand corrected if someone is positive

Benim kazanı sızdırıyor. Lütfen düzeltin. Beni kandırmaya çalışmayın. Seni incitecek erkekleri biliyorum ....

Ha ha using Google translate by any chance??... Google translate is useless for translating turkish/english :)

Jon, I am really in awe of your reply ! just what was it ? CHK

Jon, I am really in awe of your reply ! just what was it ? CHK

Something along the lines of "we cannot and will not give advise" etc etc

Nah. It was along the lines of "Help! My boiler is leaking! Don't try to fob me off, I now know a lot of nasty men in England who know how to use long pointy sticks!"

Something to that effect anyway.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Vaillant Turbo Max VCK182E, 242E 282E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he closed it. This is a tenanted property and it's not straightforward to get access to it. How risky is it to / how long can I leave the AAV closed...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have taken out the heat exchanger because a tiny leak was found around the red gasket at the top of the heat exchanger of a Worcester Green Star 28i Junior. The gasket itself is in perfect condition with no cracks. As you can see from the photo, the rust is near that holding...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
E
We have moved into a house which has a system involving a Vaillant boiler, indirect Megaflo and Nest. The Megaflo has been producing the hot water since we moved in (which we didn't realise) but the fuse blew the other day. We've now replaced the fuse. The boiler engineer was able to 'boost' the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock