Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking UFH Manifold in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, we have a leak from the underfloor heating manifold. It appears to be leaking from one of the thermal actuators (please see photos). It’s leaking about a cupful every day. So far, I’ve talked to about 10 local plumbers:–

• Contacted original installer. The admin person kept telling me that the boss would come back to me with a call-out appointment. Still waiting 3 1/2 weeks later.
  • One plumber came out, said he’ll order some parts and get back to me – over the course of last 2 weeks, every time I called, he said he didn’t have the parts. Stopped taking my calls.
  • Another took details, and said he would get me a quote – 5 days now - nothing!
  • Arranged call-out with another plumber – he never turned up for the appointment yesterday.
  • Awaiting quote from another company.

Can someone please advise:
  • What may be the problem – is it the actuator, the manifold, or some sealing component (o-ring or washer). If it’s simple, I’m tempted to have a go myself.
  • Recommend a capable and reliable plumber in Cheshire who’s not going to send me around the houses.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20210419_113646.jpg
    IMG_20210419_113646.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20210422_182104.jpg
    IMG_20210422_182104.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Reply to Leaking UFH Manifold in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock