Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Found out recently that toilet has been leaking slowly, under oil cloth covering. Insurance won't pay out. Says it has been going on too long. ( what we thought was overflowing bath or shower, was actually from toilet connection). Floor boards are destroyed and obviously plaster coning off wall. So a mess. Can't afford a plumber at the moment. Have tried to bind the connector with some sort of plumbers tape, and got a vessel collecting leakage underneath. How can I stop the leak please ?
Also on a different note. Small cut noticed on leD pipe, but is under top clock. That has also ruined walls and skirting board. How can I fix that, if I can't turn the water off ?

Any chance of some pictures?
And get your own loss adjuster to fight the insurance firm. These days I never make a significant claim without going through my own L.A

Reply to Leaking toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and water levels are all fine in the cistern. If I flush the toilet and wait all looks fine. However after an hour the water levels have dropped by a couple...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of everything it appears that there is no water coming in, its mains fed and no sign of leak anywhere , we have checked the isolation valve and its not faulty...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of sewer gas. Not only does the b/room stink it also smells in the kitchen too, which is directly below the toilet/b-room. It doesnt do it everytime...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock