Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Swivel Bath Screen in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I recently detected some leaks from my bathroom. Part of the issue was water escaping from the bath screen.

A plumber refitted and sealed the bath and screen. Unfortunately, the water is still escaping near the base of the hinge of the shower screen.

I have attached a picture of the base of the screen. Is there a piece missing from the screen?

The second photo shows that it is possible to push the base up and more flush with screen but the screen would be angled in the open position that way.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20210804_170906.jpg
    IMG_20210804_170906.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210804_170926.jpg
    IMG_20210804_170926.jpg
    453.5 KB · Views: 11
I would say the hump chrome bit is supposed to turn ?

The 'upside-down vee' in the grey plastic, and the corresponding hump in the lower part are there as part of the design, to make the screen lower as it moves into position along the side of the bath. Positioning the whole thing on the wall is critical to get the seal along the bottom of the door (which is missing in the picture) to touch the edge of the bath to seal properly all along its length.

I would have expected the hump bit to be hidden by the wall strip - no that's not right, sorry. It needs to be in the right place to engage when the screen is at right angles to the wall. As per Shaun, has the bottom bit moved round from where it should be?

The bottom door seal can be crafted to fill the little gap by the hinge as best as can be done.

Last edited:
The vee is a cam to lift the shower screen up when you open the screen, this is to avoid damaging the seal and to allow it to work on baths with a small lip.
The screen should be fitted in line with the inner edge of the bath, most people fit them too far out onto the bath edge and then they leak.

Reply to Leaking Swivel Bath Screen in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock