Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking 'stone resin' shower tray in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a 1000mm by 1700mm shower tray installed a year ago. It's made of 'stone resin' which is described as 'constructed from a polyurethane resin mixed with filler including clay beads'.

The shower tray started leaking to the neighbour's ceilinh below 8 months ago. The plumber put in new sealant and that stopped the leak. 6 months later it started again.

The plumber says that the tray is not entirely stable, even though the required number of legs was used. It does seem to show cracks in the middle where the plughole is, which he says is where the tray is thinnest. He thinks that when the tray starts to bend, the silicone on the edges starts to move, which is where the water is coming in.

The floor is wooden as it's a first floor. There are pipes underneath so it can't sit closer to the floor.

Any thoughts on this as the likely issue? Would it be best to replace with a small tray? Or add more legs?

The neighbour is also concerned about structural damage to the floor. I guess the only way to tell is by taking the tray up?

Install timbers instead of the crap legs

Reply to Leaking 'stone resin' shower tray in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock