Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Soil Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Murraylee

Hi Guys, new on here and hope this is the right place to post....

I have a soul pipe from the upstairs toilet going down into the ground in a garage, at the garage level it has a washing machine waste going into it.

The concrete around the base has always looked damp (sometimes very) and I've suspected there may be a problem for a while, but I've just noticed that after flushing the toilet, water is rising from around the concrete and when the washing machine was on a small 'squirt' of water shot out from between the concrete and the pipe.

I've put a rod from the manhole through, and doesn't seem to be any blockage....

Has anyone come across this before? Any advice or suggestions on what I should do next?

Any advice would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 32
Hi Steven, not done that, what does it involve? Would I call a plumber or a builder for that kind of thing? Is it expensive?

It looks like the grey fitting is a 4" st conn pushfit-glue s7g3.scene7.com.jpg
It could be the glued joint at the bottom of the fitting leaking.
There's also a chance that the plastic fitting used has been connected to your clay drain if so I would change it for a flex coupler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Soil Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock