Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Serenareyne

We have just had a survey done on a house which has found "some dampness affecting the boxed in soil pipe in the kitchen. This is likely to be caused by a leaking connection to this pipe which serves the bathroom above."
Could anyone give us an idea of whether this is a big or small job and a rough estimate of what a plumber might charge? Many thanks

I'm afraid it's the 'how long is a piece of string' question. Really needs eyes on the job to give you some idea. You could open up some of the boxing in preparation to make it easier (cheaper) for the plumber to get in. The issue may present itself, it may even not be the plumbing, it could be the roof. Does this soil pipe extend through the roof?

I would say £100-150, but this is very rough estimate, nobody here can know what will be involved, so please take this in mind, also prices are different depends where you live.

I'm afraid it's the 'how long is a piece of string' question. Really needs eyes on the job to give you some idea. You could open up some of the boxing in preparation to make it easier (cheaper) for the plumber to get in. The issue may present itself, it may even not be the plumbing, it could be the roof. Does this soil pipe extend through the roof?

Thank you for your comments. Sound like it would be hard to tell without opening things up which I'm not sure we can do before we actually own the house. Bit of a conundrum.

Can use it as leverage to current owner to get it fixed or drop price for remedials after.

Where do you live Serenareyne
user-offline.png
I could come round with my inspection camera and have a look see.

Had one of these it was the roof slate that had rotted around the coller.

knock 2 grand of the sale price to cover cost of repairs and it sohuld cover most problems.

Although it may be the soil pipe there may be service pipes in the same boxing i.e rising main or hot water down service inform the estate agent and tell him to inform seller so as to carry out repairs or get some money off the price. If he wants his commision let him earn it.Regards turnpin
icon7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock