Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking radiator after bleeding valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could provide me some advice. Due to high boiler pressure, I bled some of my radiators. However, one of radiators is now leaking on both sides from a nut at the spindles?

Could some explain to me why this happened and what I can do about it? I’m assuming just use a scanner to tighten both sides up.

Any help appreciated

Yes I mean the big nut.

Sorry wrong terminology. Will it be a simple job of using a spanner to turn the nut, on both sides of the radiator

Thats plumbing for you. yes it should be simple as you say. But if you are dubious turn off the valves first then only the contents of the rad will escape.
centralheatking...lets us know
how it goes.

About 2.5

I have been trying to get it down, am waiting for someone to come and have a look. That is why I was doing the bleeding of the radiators. Would there be a link between high boiler pressure and the leak?

There was no leak previously despite the high pressure, it just started after I bled the radiator. This only happened to the upstairs radiator and not the downstairs

Many thanks

The bleeding valve. I have a key which I used to turn the radiator valve and took the water out.

The pressure is now decreasing, I think someone did not close the filler loop. It’s at about 1.9 now after I have moved the lever. The leak however persists in the nut by the thermostat

Reply to Leaking radiator after bleeding valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock