Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking plastic part in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

UK
I've had no problems with my boiler in the last 6 years. A couple of weeks ago it started slowly dripping from the plastic part shown in the picture. I have temporarily put a bucket underneath this and we've had to repressurise the boiler once.

Any ideas what this part is? It looks like I could tighten it, however with it being plastic, I didn't want to break it.

The boiler is a "BAXI Platinum Combi 28 HE" and is about 12 years old (at a guess from stickers on the boiler).

Many thanks

Attachments

• Boiler.jpeg
    Boiler.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 25
is it loose eg tighten it a bit by hand?

The dripping you can see may or may not be related to the leak that is causing your pressure to drop. Either way, I don't think this is a task a DIYer can legimately/safely tackle themselves. I'd start by asking the registered gas professional who normally services your boiler to assist.

have you had it serviced? If not I’d suggest you get it done as soon as possible, the part you point to is the condensate trap, it needs cleaning out as part of the annual service but only by a gas safe engineer as it’s part of the flue system.
it wouldn’t cause your boiler to drop pressure though, so maybe you have a different leak and it’s running out through this part of the boiler, either way I’d get a local guy to come check it out. These are fairly simple to work on, any issues should be easily rectified.
good luck pal 👍🏻

Thanks all.

I couldn't turn it by hand.

It's not been serviced for a couple of years, so I'll call someone out to get it looked at.

Appreciate the responses!

Reply to Leaking plastic part in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock