Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Pan connector in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve renovated my understairs bathroom and am now at the point where I’m connecting the toilet to the existing waste.

To do this I’ve purchased McAlpine WC-F26R Flexible WC Pan Connector White 97-107mm and pushed it straight into the existing ’Multikwik’ waste connector.

The leak is between these two points (see picture for more clarity).

Any advice on fixing the leak would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 05766A7C-230D-4722-B85F-420722A80976.jpeg
    05766A7C-230D-4722-B85F-420722A80976.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 30
Can you just clarify that to the right is a new tiled box section that you don't want to destroy? And assume the top does not come off the box section.

Also the multiwik is an elbow rather than straight connector? (You can't now remove it)

And can you say how much cleaning you did on the multiwik before fitting the McAlpine.

I'll leave best answers to the Pros.

Traditionally in the days of clay pipes might have wrapped the pan waste joint with plaster of Paris bandage.

Recently in the age of plastic I've temporarily fixed one with half a tube of clear silicon. Don't bother with the nozzle and just knife it on, using lots of silicon. First need to dry it all out. Professional will use wet vac, or temp take the loo off to drain. You can remove a fair bit if water by setting up a standing wave with the loo brush, 10 mins work, then leave say for a day for the joint to dry out and some heating on in the room.

Cheers,

Roy (Amateur all trades)

Ok, so the part in the wall (multikwik) I fall this can be replaced, i would replace it. The flexible pan connector to the multikwik would need a sleeve between it. Didn’t you take the rubber flex off the end? it doesn’t look connected.

As above.
The pan connector in the wall / box is designed to receive the end of a pipe and the end of the new flexible connector is designed to fit into a pipe.
Neither are designed to receive the end of another connector.

Ideally the pan connector in the wall / box needs removing and any new connector from the pan should be fitted directly into the pipe end within the wall / box.

Also, avoiding the use of a flexi connector is better as they are more prone to blockages.

Can you just clarify that to the right is a new tiled box section that you don't want to destroy? And assume the top does not come off the box section.

Also the multiwik is an elbow rather than straight connector? (You can't now remove it)

And can you say how much cleaning you did on the multiwik before fitting the McAlpine.

I'll leave best answers to the Pros.

Traditionally in the days of clay pipes might have wrapped the pan waste joint with plaster of Paris bandage.

Recently in the age of plastic I've temporarily fixed one with half a tube of clear silicon. Don't bother with the nozzle and just knife it on, using lots of silicon. First need to dry it all out. Professional will use wet vac, or temp take the loo off to drain. You can remove a fair bit if water by setting up a standing wave with the loo brush, 10 mins work, then leave say for a day for the joint to dry out and some heating on in the room.

Cheers,

Roy (Amateur all trades)

Yes, newly boxed in. Would rather avoid destroying the tiles/shelf. This is the only picture I have before boxing it in, assume this means it's a straight connector?
[automerge]1605436664[/automerge]
Ok, so the part in the wall (multikwik) I fall this can be replaced, i would replace it. The flexible pan connector to the multikwik would need a sleeve between it. Didn’t you take the rubber flex off the end? it doesn’t look connected.
Would like to avoid replacing it (unless it can be done without removing the tiles. The rubber flex is there, it got loose though so slightly more inside of the part in the wall.

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_154824__01.jpg
    IMG_20200328_154824__01.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 23
Looks like it can be replaced without disturbing the tiles. However be careful with the outlet size.

Thanks Aquarius,

So sounds like I should buy the FLOPLAST SP8G SOIL PIPE SINGLE SOCKET GREY 110MM X 1M (and cut it down to size) Or buy the FLOPLAST SP124 SINGLE PIPE COUPLER BLACK 110MM. I then push this into the Multikwik wall fitting and push the mcalpine connector into the new coupler/pipe.

And guess I should use some sort of sealant (silicone or plumebers mait) around each of the connections being made?

I wouldn’t bother with either of those 2. If you feel the need to use the flexible pan connector (susceptible to blockages) then this may just go straight in. I don’t be using either a Mcalpline dc1-bl and pipe, or an extension piece and pan connector to suit, so like a multikwik mkea and whichever you need for desired wc position, be it a 2190 or an mks2. What you need though is outlet size.

If it’s a straight multiquick remove it from the waste / soil pipe and stick the mcalpine in where the multi was

I’ve renovated my understairs bathroom and am now at the point where I’m connecting the toilet to the existing waste.

To do this I’ve purchased McAlpine WC-F26R Flexible WC Pan Connector White 97-107mm and pushed it straight into the existing ’Multikwik’ waste connector.

The leak is between these two points (see picture for more clarity).

Any advice on fixing the leak would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Thanks for all of your help. Toilet now connected to the waste pipe with no leaks!

Reply to Leaking Pan connector in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock