Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Overflow from Baxi DuoTec Combi 28 HE A. is it faulty PRV ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Leaking Overflow from Baxi DuoTec Combi 28 HE A. Is it a faulty PRV ?

Pressure gauge is showing zero so no central heating or hot water. When I try to re-pressurise by opening the fill valve, the gauge will only rise to just over one bar and the CH will then work. BUT... all the water rushes out of the PVR overflow pie to the outside. When I close the refill valve the water pressure drops to zero again and eventually the CH stops, although I turned it off anyway as I did not want to cause any potential damage. Is this a sign of a faulty PRV and are they easy to replce for the average DIY person? I had noticed small drops of water dripping from the overflow for a very long time but as it wasn't much didn't think anything of it.

Rather annoyingly I have only just had the boiler repaired by British Gas and I did mention to him that there had been a small amount of water dripping from the overflow, but he didn't say it if was significant. And even more annoying, my CH insurance has just expired.
[automerge]1582493525[/automerge]
Baxi PRV. Water splashes so looks like its been leaking.

Baxi PRV .jpg

[automerge]1582493826[/automerge]
Leaking Overflow from Baxi DuoTec Combi 28 HE A. Is it a faulty PRV ?

Pressure gauge is showing zero so no central heating or hot water. When I try to re-pressurise by opening the fill valve, the gauge will only rise to just over one bar and the CH will then work. BUT... all the water rushes out of the PVR overflow pie to the outside. When I close the refill valve the water pressure drops to zero again and eventually the CH stops, although I turned it off anyway as I did not want to cause any potential damage. Is this a sign of a faulty PRV and are they easy to replce for the average DIY person? I had noticed small drops of water dripping from the overflow for a very long time but as it wasn't much didn't think anything of it.

Rather annoyingly I have only just had the boiler repaired by British Gas and I did mention to him that there had been a small amount of water dripping from the overflow, but he didn't say it if was significant. And even more annoying, my CH insurance has just expired.
[automerge]1582493525[/automerge]
Baxi PRV. Water splashes so looks like its been leaking.

Baxi PRV .jpg
The red nob looks a funny angle, should it be like that?
[automerge]1582548470[/automerge]
Thanks everyone that replied... ;) Its all sorted now. Turns out I have BG Home Care insurnace after all so getting it fixed tomorrow.

Last edited:
Update: Top pump valve was leaking and replaced. PRV was completely shot and had to be replace. BG engineer had a game removing it though, I knew he would as there's not much room. He tried leaving the main brass body it in place and just replacing the valve, but that leaked just as bad so had to spend ages removing the entire PRV and fit a new one.

20200224_095100.jpg

20200224_095037.jpg

Reply to Leaking Overflow from Baxi DuoTec Combi 28 HE A. is it faulty PRV ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock