Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking kitchen tap in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I replaced my hot and cold tap tonight cause the cold tap couldn’t turn the water of tap was just spinning. Fitted fine with no leaks. Now I have a leak coming from the middle bit where the chrome threaded ring is. Do I need to tighten the chrome threaded bit up in the middle to stop the leak or is there a washer within that’s easy to access, or is it a full new tap I need?
Cheers

Attachments

• 9D4B5B3A-BA12-43FC-AA35-075C46AF7F68.jpeg
    9D4B5B3A-BA12-43FC-AA35-075C46AF7F68.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 8
Should be hand tight

Sometimes the oring multi packs work

Reply to Leaking kitchen tap in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a wall mounted bathroom tap that leaks. Presumably I need a washer of sorts replaced. I cannot work out which tool I need to remove the tap. There is a small hole (8mm?) to the side but I can’t seem to get a fixing from either a alum key or screwdriver. Ever hopeful…? Matt
Replies
Views
Hi I have a leak on my kitchen tap it is coming out off the bottom of the cold lever. How do I get the lever off? Also would this tap have a cartridge in the cold & hot or will it be just tap has had it & I need to get a new one?
Replies
Views
Hi there I have attached a video below, showing where my kitchen tap is leaking from, is this possible to repair by replacing the hose pipe or would I need to replace the whole tap? I had a plumber take a look who said the whole tap needed replacing. If it is just the hose supply do I...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question. I have a leaking kitchen tap. I'm a bit confused on the part I need to get. On Screwfix I can see "Flomasta 1/2 inch BSP quarter turn ceramic tap glands" - are these the right parts? But I can also see 8x8mm 20-tooth spines, 9x9mm 20-Tooth Spines and others - which of these...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock