Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking isolation valve after depressurisation of boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Need some advice please, my boiler dropped pressure so I attached the filling loop to the Tribune cylinder and added some water to rectify the pressure issue. Pressure is all good on boiler and CH is working, I now have a constant drip from the valve. Are these easy to replace? Any assistance would be appreciated as I have had to stop the water into the property.

Picture attached

2785F8C0-8ACF-4EA0-AB92-E1AD176EF3ED.jpeg

Not bad have to drain down but just two compression nuts to undo and tighten

There are valves out there not designed for heating temperatures. Plus you need a check valve so the heating water can not get back into the mains water
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/r24-filling-loop/83905

That’s actually the one I was looking at more by luck than judgement though. Anything I need to be mindful of when removing /replacing my existing one?

Yes turn off mains water and drain the heating down a little. If you’re confident you could relieve the pressure by bleeding a radiator then snatch it. Just ensure that the check valve is in place and the arrow pointing the right way

Reply to Leaking isolation valve after depressurisation of boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Throughout our house there are numerous isolation valves which are on almost every plumbing fixture. Clearly whoever plumbed this had a thing for using them but I have heard elsewhere that they cause problems and are prone to leaking, especially when used after long periods. I noticed a...
Replies
Views
Rad is leaking from TRV valve, seems to be seeping out of where the pin comes up. I tried tightening up the nut below the pin, but that didn't help. I then looked online and saw that removing the nut and packing with some plumbers tape may help, but whenever I try to remove the nut a load of...
Replies
Views
Hi, The isolation valve feeding my toilet cistern was leaking. After considerable effort, I was able to lift up the cistern to put an O-ring washer around the top of the inner circle referred to with an arrow in the attached image. Unfortunately, when I let the water through, there was a burst...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Hi, some advice would be great. I have an Instinct Eco-Mag fitted and it has started to leak from the port that the magnetic tube is removed from (common issue i believe). I have seen a video on here showing a temporary fix by adding some O-rings. Problem I have is that when the boiler was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock