Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Howden's Atomix monobloc tap 2431. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

It's leaking beads through the top of the swivel ring, but I don't think from the base.

I've replaced the valve cartridge, but no change.

Help, please. If the whole tap needs tightening from below, what are the tools?

Pictures of tap above sink and of connection below.

Thanks.

Dave.
1 Mixer tap.JPG
2 Leaking joint.JPG
3 Tap base.JPG

1. Probably the seals / O rings in the swivel part.
2. Its a long time since I worked on one of these, but from memory I think you have to take the tap out to get at the swivel parts. Worth trying from above to save the faff.

Not worth repairing, it has to come out and you need the right kit for the tap. Cheaper to replace with a new guarantee, same labour charge.

Thanks. What kit would I need for the removal?
The tap will have to be removed from the sink to repair it, and from your photo it is soldered pipework not compression. So unless you can solder or you want to change the tap tails to compression/ push fittings it may not be a job you can do yourself. A new tap comes with new tails most likely flexible compression pipes. You might pay £7-8 for a new seal kit, maybe another £7-10 for new hoses or more. I would fit a new tap. It can be repaired if you can do the work yourself but you won't get the new o'rings for your tap off the shelf. You will need a set of box spanners like this.
Rothenberger Monoblock Tap Spanner Set 3 Piece Set - https://www.screwfix.com/p/rothenberger-monoblock-tap-spanner-set-3-piece-set/40102?tc=AC1&ds_kid=92700055262507126&ds_rl=1244066&gclid=CjwKCAiAlrSPBhBaEiwAuLSDUKEGXV56T-oz-OoLh2muDf_LoBSq3uVGfz_brYNVNG54cdXAzW7Z7RoCtGYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds more cost and you might only use once.

Reply to Leaking Howden's Atomix monobloc tap 2431. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock