Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking hot water valve (used for washing machine) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lifehacker

I've just installed a new washing machine that only needs cold water supply. The hot water pipe is now obsolete, but the valve (if that's the proper name for it) is leaking when turned off. I've had to put the flexible hose that was connected to the old washing machine back onto the hot water pipe and stick it in a bucket to catch the leak.

Any suggestions on how to stop it?

I'm only a diyer so have little knowledge on plumbing, any help appreciated.

It would be best to get the valve replaced but you can sort this yourself more simply if you wish. You will need a brass 3/4" female iron blanking cap, the type that has a rubber washer inside it. You can screw this straight on to the valve, hand tight, then give it just a nip with an adjustable spanner.

Here's a link to one but any plumber's merchant will carry this. About a fiver.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0039823...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=18ERBQFAD06K1QAEMK7G

How much! Prices are a bit high out there. How much is a bundle of 15mm now?

3/4'' Brass Cap

To be honest I just gave the price from the Amazon page. I think I paid 3 or 4 quid for one last time I needed one. Our prices are very high in general. I think we have the highest cost of living just about any where in the world here and the money is good but not that good. London wages with Monaco prices and without the fun that can be had in either of those places. I still love our island though.

I paid ÂŁ49 for a bundle of 15mm last week.

I get most our workshop stock sent from England to keep prices down.

Last edited:
Have fond memories, you do get great weather though. Can't have everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking hot water valve (used for washing machine) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this, my plumbing knowledge is very limited. I have a cold water feed going into cistern with plastic pipe and push fits. It's a new built in cistern. I am looking to tap into the feed and add a water supply for a washing machine. Can I just...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine to the copper pipe/valve. Is this OK or should I get more copper pipe added and then use a shorter blue in let hose to connect the 2?
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed the waste? The washing machine is only a month old and was working fine this morning before re-positioned. I put an 1100mm hoorizontal run at around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock