Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Hot Feed to cloakroom hot tap. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I've noticed a slight weeping from the hot feed to my cloakroom tap.

Does anyone know how this seals? Is it a rubber gasket between the different coloured metals?

Not taken it apart as would need to partially drain the hot tank before doing so.

The Hansgrohe instructions suggest that the builder has not used the original Hansgrohe fitting (flexi pipe) as it suggests the small knurled end of the Flexi pipe should be a 9mm nut. It isn't.

The weep usually happens after the mixer has been used.

See attached image. Weep is where the red marker is.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220722_203136.jpg
    IMG_20220722_203136.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 7
The brass fitting is a 3/8” MI to 15mm compression .

Between the flexi and the brass there will be a rubber washer, it may be captive in the flexi. First thing to try is to just nip it up a bit.

Although looking at the photo again it looks as if the water is actually coming from the compression end of the fitting and running down to your red mark. With two spanners try tightening the compression end.

Thanks for the response.

The nut size on the brass section appears to be around 24 - 25mm. The Flexi nut according to the Hansgrohe instructions is 19mm which seems about right (although as mentioned above it appears it might not actually be the OEM flexible pipe from the tap that has been used). It's difficult to measure both accurately with what I have.

I did wonder if the brass section was leaking myself but it does appear if I use a small piece of toilet roll paper to check the water appears to be between the bright silver coloured fitting and the brass fittings and not in-between the brass nuts which is where the drip does appear to form.

I did try nipping it with adjustable spanners but it hard to feel it so will try and source the correct sizes to do it properly.

Thanks again.

Actually you might be right. I might try and find a plumber to have a look as I really don't want to cause more damage lol. If I can find a plumber for such a small job. 😬

Attachments

• IMG20220723101722.jpg
    IMG20220723101722.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 1
It’s probably a 1 minute job, only problem is if it goes wrong you need the experience and potentially parts to put it right.
If you can speak to a local plumber it’s a £20 on your way home job 😊

Reply to Leaking Hot Feed to cloakroom hot tap. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap cold/hot water feed is connected via connectors/fittings as shown in attached picture. Can anyone please advise how to disconnect tap from these fittings as...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Most grateful for any advice on the fittings reqired to enable 22mm feeds into the mixer taps via the chrome extension pipes customer supplied in a kit with no instructions. The taps are 'Homes 1924 Bathrooms' This is a free standing kit. There chrome pipe is 35mm internal with a detachable...
Replies
Views
P
I have a proboil 2x boiler for my instant hot water tap. It has developed a leak from inside the casing. This is the 3rd boiler i have had now as replacements and all developing the same leak. I live in a soft water area, any ideas what could be causing this or is this a known fault?
Replies
Views
N Nicho
N
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock