Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking flexi pipe when attached to stop pipe piece. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am by no means a plumber, however I am trying to fit a new Bathroom sink. As I don't know the correct terminology I have attached a couple of pictures to try and help explain it. I have attached an elbow stop pipe piece to a copper pipe and have no problems with this. However I have attached a flexi pipe onto this and then another flexi pipe onto this one which is attached to the tap. However the flexi pipe attached to the elbow stop connector starts leaking very badly when I open the stop pipe. However does not appear to leak when it's not attached to the other flexi pipe. As I have no real knowledge of this I realise I am missing something, or got the wrong flexi pipe, can someone advise me please on what I need to do? Many thanks wrong flexi pipe, can someone advise me please on what I need to do? Many thanks. 20210620_230040.jpg 20210620_230238.jpg

The flexi hose/pipe is designed to work with a nut and olive, so it could just be the thread being a bit sharp for the washer in the service elbow (appears to be nylon). The service elbow is designed to be connected to taps, fill valves et al.

Those angled service valves are gash. I wouldn't be joining 2 flexis together.
As Aquarius said above the flexi is not designed to be attached like that.
Also keep ptfe away from compression fittings unless it's a male iron fitting. It does nothing on the threads of a standard compression fitting.

Reply to Leaking flexi pipe when attached to stop pipe piece. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I am replacing a kitchen tap and have run into some trouble when connecting the flexi hot and cold pipes to the hot and cold mains pipes. The connection end of the flexi pipe from the tap is a15mm, however the mains pipe I need to connect to is a 12mm. What connector do I need to buy? So far...
Replies
Views
Adam tl
A
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap cold/hot water feed is connected via connectors/fittings as shown in attached picture. Can anyone please advise how to disconnect tap from these fittings as...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems to be slightly smaller than 22 mm compression fitting and when I tighten the compression nut the whole fitting is easily sliding off the pipe and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock