Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking flexi pipe when attached to stop pipe piece. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am by no means a plumber, however I am trying to fit a new Bathroom sink. As I don't know the correct terminology I have attached a couple of pictures to try and help explain it. I have attached an elbow stop pipe piece to a copper pipe and have no problems with this. However I have attached a flexi pipe onto this and then another flexi pipe onto this one which is attached to the tap. However the flexi pipe attached to the elbow stop connector starts leaking very badly when I open the stop pipe. However does not appear to leak when it's not attached to the other flexi pipe. As I have no real knowledge of this I realise I am missing something, or got the wrong flexi pipe, can someone advise me please on what I need to do? Many thanks wrong flexi pipe, can someone advise me please on what I need to do? Many thanks. 20210620_230040.jpg 20210620_230238.jpg

The flexi hose/pipe is designed to work with a nut and olive, so it could just be the thread being a bit sharp for the washer in the service elbow (appears to be nylon). The service elbow is designed to be connected to taps, fill valves et al.

Those angled service valves are gash. I wouldn't be joining 2 flexis together.
As Aquarius said above the flexi is not designed to be attached like that.
Also keep ptfe away from compression fittings unless it's a male iron fitting. It does nothing on the threads of a standard compression fitting.

Reply to Leaking flexi pipe when attached to stop pipe piece. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock