Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Basin Mono Mixer Tap & Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My basin mono mixer (model No: ME00101) is 10 years old & leaks at the bottom base of the mixer stand & underneath the hand lever. Water is running down the LHS hose pipe as a drip. I closed the ball valve on the hose but water still leaks. (A) What is wrong with the mixer? (B) Is the mixer broken & if so does it need to be replaced in entirety? (C) Do New cartridges need to be installed into the mixer. If so where to source, what type & make? (D) Do new washers need to be installed possibly as the old washers maybe broken/rotten? (E) Is it easier & worthwhile getting a brand new mixer? If so what recommendations does everyone suggest re durability etc so this does not happen again? (F) Perhaps it better to purchase one these units with separate taps to avoid this problem again re lever re this link: Butler & Rose Carlton Mono Basin Mixer(G) Can a new mixer be installed by myself or does a plumber need to do this? If myself all I need to do is to close off the ball valves when inserting a new tap right?

I don't recall where I bought the original mixer from.

Attachments

• Basin Mono Mixer.jpg
    Basin Mono Mixer.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Flexi Hose & Ball Valve (a).jpg
    Flexi Hose & Ball Valve (a).jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Flexi Hose & Ball Valve (b).jpg
    Flexi Hose & Ball Valve (b).jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 9
Yes it needs to be replaced 10 years service is not bad , Francis pegler , bristan , inta all good brands and will have spares available. Cheers kop
Yes it needs to be replaced 10 years service is not bad , Francis pegler , bristan , inta all good brands and will have spares available. Cheers kop
Hello KOP. Thanks for your reply. Are you able to reply to any of my questions (A-G) above please? It seems that no one cartridge is universal. cheers

Reply to Leaking Basin Mono Mixer Tap & Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock