Search the forum,

Discuss Leak under boiler from white plastic pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum. I am from Blackburn, UK.

I have a leak under the boiler, I am not 100% sure but I think it is the condense pipe that feeds from the boiler to outside. I have a couple of pictures. It is the white plastic pipe and the leak is around the u-bend. Please can you advise me of wha the pipe does and how should I go about repairing it. The leak is not severe but enough to notice a wet patch on the kitchen worktop every few hours.

I have highlighted the area of leak in yellow in the pictures attached.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Leak2.JPG
    Leak2.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Leak.JPG
    Leak.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 22
Fitting needs to be replaced/ redone also probably some new pipe

Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum. I am from Blackburn, UK.

I have a leak under the boiler, I am not 100% sure but I think it is the condense pipe that feeds from the boiler to outside. I have a couple of pictures. It is the white plastic pipe and the leak is around the u-bend. Please can you advise me of wha the pipe does and how should I go about repairing it. The leak is not severe but enough to notice a wet patch on the kitchen worktop every few hours.

I have highlighted the area of leak in yellow in the pictures attached.

Many thanks in advance.
Welcome to PF your post with piccy Its no big problem, its the condensate outflow from your boiler leaking. It will not flood your home but needs attention. Are you renting or a home owner ?
my answer will depend on yours ...centralheatking

A couple of points, it doesn`t seem Urgent, water runs downhill so actual leak could be higher and I thought you had to hold the ticket to work on condensate guys.

A couple of points, it doesn`t seem Urgent, water runs downhill so actual leak could be higher and I thought you had to hold the ticket to work on condensate guys.

No unless it’s I’m trapped eg straight off the burner which this isn’t just acidic water

Very helpful. I am a home owner. I am having this seen to by British Gas on Friday. Will hopefully provide an update after that. Many thanks

Reply to Leak under boiler from white plastic pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock