Search the forum,

Discuss Leak sealer is PVA? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny5isalive

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just put some leak sealer in a system and I'm pretty sure it was just watered down PVA. Maybe it was because it was cheap off the bay? Didn't really fancy spending brand prices if they're all the same. If they're not then what works best?

says it all about e bay, if your not paying why not ensure your customer gets what they ask for?

Not used any before so assumed they were much of a muchness with various branding. Wras approved according to label..... ebay no.
What do you recommend?

Has mixed results with leak sealer tends to work better on ov systems due pressure f selaled systems Might be better trying to trace and repair in the long run. But would give sentinel or fernox a go first. Have found it is next to useless if the leak is on plastic pipe.

I carry the 'corgi' brand cleaners and leak sealers from toolstation. I try not to use the leak sealer if I can help it, I'd rather just trace and repair, but on the few occasions I've used the sealer, I've not had any problems and it seems to have worked.

Have used it 4 or 5 times now and it has only not worked on 1. Worth a shot if the piping is under concrete or a bugger to get to. Would prefer to find and fix if possible

I"ve used it a couple of times and it seems to work. Its a last resort though.

Used it a fair bit TBH , when the punter has a small leak and it's non findable/they don't want floors torn up. Worked pretty much every time.

Can't be pva as it's water soluble. Would be a bit pointless!

Rad weld has worked in cars for 40 years, it's a very similar product i think?

Are the others - corgi, fernox and sentinel milky white?

They had a small drop over a month or so. As id added a magnetic filter and was refilling i thought it was worth a punt. Be good to see how it works.

Last edited:
I try to avoid it, Ladt job I saw it had blocked up all the auto air vents, maybe it thought they were leaking!?

I used the fernox sealer only once on an open vented changed to sealed system. Leak on copper under floorboards and new wooden floor. it was dropping enough to cut boiler out about every two weeks, after sealer added that slowly got longer and longer and i haven't heard from her in about eight months now. So it can take time to build up enough to seal.

CT1 miracle seal is water soluble. Surely any sealer would have to be water soluble?
I see PTS selling the stuff.
Mebbe its OK?

Radweld and another product (can't remember the name) which was like porridge flakes used to be a good combination for a cooling radiator.

CT1 miracle seal is water soluble. Surely any sealer would have to be water soluble?
I see PTS selling the stuff.
Mebbe its OK?

Radweld and another product (can't remember the name) which was like porridge flakes used to be a good combination for a cooling radiator.

The CT1 Miracle seal is OK BUT NOTE one tin only does 25 Lts, so if you use this average system takes 4 Tins (Approx. £50) But you can use it in almost anything, Watch the sales video , sorry not got the link.

I try to avoid it, Ladt job I saw it had blocked up all the auto air vents, maybe it thought they were leaking!?

It reacts with air to scab over the leak so you gotta make sure auto air vents are closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak sealer is PVA? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock