Search the forum,

Discuss Leak repair under wooden floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm having a bit of a nightmare with a property that I've just moved into.

Essentially, the flat below mine is experiencing leaking from the ceiling which appears to be coming from my bathroom. I've checked all of the obvious issues (toilet/sink/bath fitted properly) and located a small portion which seems to be damp where everything else is dry. It's below the toilet - going underneath the floor itself. The floor is chipboard, about 20mm thick.

I want to try and cut a piece of the floor away to try and check if that is actually where the leak is coming from - but I was hoping for some advice on best practice here as I don't want to make things worse!

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Tom

Unless you're confident doing so mate I would enlist a plumber that way any potential leak or making it worse would be covered under their PLI not your insurance. They will hopefully charge a fair rate rectify the problem, all sorted. If you want to investigate further then the old toilet roll dotted around the place trick to show any moisture and where it's coming from is a good start. Before you start pulling up floorboards etc it would be a good idea to isolate the water to the toilet so if anything does suddenly give while you're investigating you won't have a flood on your hands. In addition be careful how you chop up the floorboards as these will have to take the weight of a toilet and a person once the leak is fixed

Ps welcome to the forum, we like people so why not register with us and you'll probably get more advice and ideas

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak repair under wooden floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock