Search the forum,

Discuss Leak in manifold - from actuator's pin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, we moved into a house with a 3 years old underfloor system. I notice a small leak coming from the pin (sitting in manifold under actuator). I think the leak stops once the actuator is removed and taken off the pin. I suppose I will need a new pin unit but as a similar leak seem to be happening already with more than 1 pin I’m thinking maybe this is not simply a faulty 3-years old pin but possibly the failure is due to some rust particles in the water affecting the pins o-rings? Changing leaky pins alone should be quite easy but not sure if I need get into an expensive system flush to get everything super clean...? How sensitive are those pins normally? (yes, its a uponor tm manifold)

Contact Uponor.
They will replace the parts. Not the labour tho.
Are the flow restrictors still clear ( see through)

Are the flow restrictors still clear ( see through)

No, flow restrictors are quite dirty in places. Few are like dark chocolate in colour (but not all of them). Tested for inhibitor level with a test-kit and result shows its too low, so topping up is a must. Not sure if adding a Magnaclean in the system will be enough to bring floating particles to a reasonable level or that a powerflush is needed? Upstairs rads are nice and warm (even hot) with no cold spots at all, they heat up pretty quickly as well, i'd say within 5-10 minutes they go from cold to almost hot to touch. Any leaky actuator pin will be replaced but the question is knowing if a powerflush is really needed now? The guy from Uponor told me a powerflush will never clear it completely in his opinion but recommended I do it anyway. Just trying to avoid it if I can. The system is 3 years old ... Thanks for any advice.

pm-2.jpgpm-1.jpg

If that help I can try to add image of the inside of the pump taken off this system about 2 weeks ago. BTW what is that mangled piece of rubbery stuff in the middle of the pump?
Is this indicative of the need to powerflush or not??

That rubbery piece should be removed, it could be reducing the pumps performance by half.
Not sure what it is, not how it got into your system

Thanks. Initially I thought its a part of the pump but then realised it must have been sucked into it. I was told the pump is too weak (no wonder with this thing stuck) so fitted a new one without even looking. oh well I have a spare pump now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak in manifold - from actuator's pin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock