Search the forum,

Discuss Leak in lounge below my flat in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Steven987

Hi,

A leak has been noted periodically in lounge ceiling of flat below mine. My flat is tenanted. Leak starts as bulge. Normally stops after an hour. Owner of flat below mine is saying it must be coming from my flat. But plumbers have found no water damage in my flat. Leak noted a few days ago and the one previously was a year ago. So very periodic. We got ball cock replaced but that didn’t solve problem. Just don’t know what to do. Should I get plumber to deliberately try and activate overflow pipe and see if that causes the leak to start? Then at least I’ll know it’s my flat issue. If it is the overflow pipe activating and causing the leak is there certain things that cause that pipe to activate in a way that causes a leak. Strange that it is in the lounge as above his lounge is my lounge. Should the owner of flat below be trying to break open their ceiling to see cause of issue. Apparently there is screed in the flat. Any ideas would be welcome….

Get a decent plumber in to check out what’s going on.
Should be able to either find the cause and fix it or prove that the leak is not coming from your flat if that is indeed the case.

This needs a site visit.

Get a decent plumber in to check out what’s going on.
Should be able to either find the cause and fix it or prove that the leak is not coming from your flat if that is indeed the case.

This needs a site visit.

Thanks for your comment. I’ll continue to find a plumber to visit the site that can help. Sadly, the two that have been so far are saying they’re perplexed. I tried track and trace companies though they said as its periodic they don’t think it’s their area of specialty.

It is difficult to identify the source of the leak. The only option is to contact an reliable plumber who will do everything possible to determine the reason. The most common source of a water leak is a clogged pipe. Two pipes are used to drain the whole water system of the building. The first is the main pipe, which leads to the main drainage. The second pipe is the overflow pipe, which leads to the tank's bottom. Paint or other things can sometimes clog the overflow pipe. If the pipe is clogged, the water may not be able to escape. The water will build and create pressure. The pipe will then burst, resulting in leaks. That is most likely what will happen to you.

Reply to Leak in lounge below my flat in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock