Search the forum,

Discuss Leak in bath sealant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi lads,

So I think these gaps in the bath sealant (we use the bath for showers) is responsible for a leak that occurs in one of the rooms downstairs.

I have two questions: a) there's a huge gap at the corner of the bath, which probably needs sealing too and b) do I have to remove the old sealant in that area or can I just seal over it?

Much appreciated.

20191023_214448.jpg

[automerge]1571864213[/automerge]
*Sorry for that picture being ginormous, but at least you can see it well!

It needs to be removed completely and replaced with a quality sanitary silicone there's no easy way a sharp utility knife the sort with snap off blades to cut through the old silicone and scrape away the remainder untill your happy, fill the bath with water apply the silicone taking care not to over fill the joint , it's better to make sure the cavity is filled between the bath and the tile you can always add some more then smooth off with a smoothing tool some soapy water will help you so the silicone doesn't stick to everything plenty of kitchen roll and wipes to aid cleaning up, one tip don't apply the silicone in one go do each end then half the long length then the rest leave for 24 hours to cure , you are looking to achieve something like this . Kop
[automerge]1571893040[/automerge]

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180730-060603_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20180730-060603_Photos.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180804_102225.jpg
    20180804_102225.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Reply to Leak in bath sealant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock