Search the forum,

Discuss Leak has developed from cistern inlet pipe valve\flexi-hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil999

Hi,
Appreciate any help with this please.
All of a sudden my toilet has started to leak from inlet valve
pipe thread where it goes into the bottom of the cistern bowl.
I tried to seal it with fornex lsx by putting it on the thread which
has stopped it but now the leak has moved to the flexi-hose
and is coming out of the metal collar where it meets the nut of the flex-hose connector that screws onto the inlet valve pipe.

Any ideas how to stop this please.
Thanks for any help as I am a novice at plumbing.

To trace the exact point where the leak starts use dry tissue paper under the cistern where the first plastic nut is. If it`s leaking here then it`s the washer Inside the cistern which has most likely rotted.
PS Water runs downhill!

What RPM is right it could also be the ferrule of the flex or the rubber washer has failed or the thread and nut has crossed threaded or the inlet valve has a failure (split but invisible).

As RPM says, check with tissue on the back nut of the fill valve (and tighten if necessary) or replace the flex hose, and then the fill valve and if you can, get a brass shank (fluidmaster pro) inlet valve.

Hope this helps

BTW I have had all the failures happen at some time

Russell

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak has developed from cistern inlet pipe valve\flexi-hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock