Search the forum,

Discuss Leak from washing machine pipe - please help! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I hope you can help. I’ve recently moved into a property and have connected my washing pipe, and it’s washing fine, but leaving my under sink shelves soaked. I think it’s coming from the water source (pictured) and not the waste water pipe. It looks to be screwed on tight so not sure what’s causing it. The filter looks a little blocked but don’t know if that’s a factor? Would like to know if it’s an easy fix before I call someone out.

There’s no water coming out behind the machine itself.

Any help gratefully received, thank you!

Attachments

• 30B10CBD-2BE4-47A2-B3B1-16FF7E19FEAB.jpeg
    30B10CBD-2BE4-47A2-B3B1-16FF7E19FEAB.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 31C94C2A-391D-4DE8-AF0D-AB676CE993AE.jpeg
    31C94C2A-391D-4DE8-AF0D-AB676CE993AE.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 279038BF-6E97-45F0-A273-38FC78ECF561.jpeg
    279038BF-6E97-45F0-A273-38FC78ECF561.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 18
  • FC6B2CB8-60DA-46DC-9AF1-A0CFC2F065F6.jpeg
    FC6B2CB8-60DA-46DC-9AF1-A0CFC2F065F6.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 18
Sometimes the little blue handle of the w/m valve can stop you fully tightening the hose onto the threads.
Try taking the handle off, it's just a small philips screw holding it on and won't leak or anything sinister if you remove it. With the handle off see if the hose will tighten further.
If you have the valve set to the open position when you remove the handle, be careful not to undo the hose as that will give you a lovely bespoke cold shower.
If it is the handle in the way you either need a new hose with a shorter thread or a different w/m valve fitting.
I have noticed that the cheaper washing machine valves from the big sheds tend to give you more chance of problems with the handle being in the way.

Take a good look at that rubber washer in the hose, might be worth changing it for a new one.

Reply to Leak from washing machine pipe - please help! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this, my plumbing knowledge is very limited. I have a cold water feed going into cistern with plastic pipe and push fits. It's a new built in cistern. I am looking to tap into the feed and add a water supply for a washing machine. Can I just...
Replies
Views
K
I am plumbing in my washing machine and the copper pipe with blue tap/switch on it has no water from it when you open it. The hot version works fine. Both are side arms from the nearby sink supply which both work fine. Help much appreciated! Thank you.
Replies
Views
KateTa
K
I get orange spots when washing clothes. Please see photo. I think it is rust. I’ve checked there’s no metal in the machine. I have also run a long wash with lemon juice. Neither have solved it. I read power flushing is the answer to rust elsewhere in the system. How can I tell...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock