Search the forum,

Discuss Leak from under wall mounted toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. I have a Nocode 510 wall mounted WC. Not sure of exact sub-brand. It's been working fine for 5 years but has recently developed a leak under the toilet. I've had a plumber over here twice 1) the first time to fix and replace the flush cone - which has led to a slightly bigger leak. 2) I had him back over today to deal with the flush cone again and the same leak has returned again less than a few hours later.

The leak seems to be coming from where the toilet affixes to the wall (underneath). All he has said to us is that these types of toilets aren't great and that I'd need a replacement in a few years anyway

We got a hanging/wall mounted WC as it is critical for our wheelchair user to get close to the toilet for a transfer so I feel a bit reluctant to put in a new WC.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas that may help? Thanks!

I think you need a new plumber.

The leak is either from where the flush pipe goes into the pan or from where the pan joins the soil pipe.

If the pan has been off twice recently and installed 5 years ago, I would definitely replace the outlet connection now.

Unfortunately one can only really diagnose the problem on site, but rest assured it can be fixed.

Talk to neighbours, work mates or friends see if they say good things about their plumber. As above shouldn`t be a big issue to fix but might take time being a wall hung pan.

Wall hung pans are a pain if you get a leak because everything is concealed.
It may not the the cistern connection leaking it may be the pan connection leaking.

Pour some buckets of water down the pan ( without flushing the cistern ) see if the pan leaks - if so pan connector at fault.
If no leaks, flush the cistern and see if leak shows itself.

If I are called to a leak on a wall mounted pan, I replace both cistern and pan rubbers at the same time, it generally fixes the problem

In that case my money is on the cone washer (back of pan) and if you`ve had 2 people look at it then perhaps it was cut too short and needs replacing or extending.

Reply to Leak from under wall mounted toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock