Search the forum,

Discuss Leak at this fitting. Any suggestions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

20191027_182536.jpg

Hello, I've got a leak on this part of my central heating, at the fitting (no idea what it would be called, Feed end Fitting?).
Has anyone had a similar issue? I've attempted to use LSX, Plummers Mate evo, and Fernox F4, without any success. I'm considering solder as a last resort, but the position of the pipe makes it incredibly awkward.

1. Is the picture is upside down, and if so, is the item with the wire attached part of your boiler? If so you need an engineer to sort it out.
2. The item with the wire attached looks like a thermistor (or similar) for measuring water temperature. If so, soldering near it is likely to destroy it.
3. Is the leak from the elbow at the top of your picture (as displayed) or from the "thermistor"?

Is it vertical as ur piccy shows or horizantal and u photo from above chking
It's vertical, the bend is at the top of the picture, with the yellow tab at the bottom.
[automerge]1572257992[/automerge]
1. Is the picture is upside down, and if so, is the item with the wire attached part of your boiler? If so you need an engineer to sort it out.
2. The item with the wire attached looks like a thermistor (or similar) for measuring water temperature. If so, soldering near it is likely to destroy it.
3. Is the leak from the elbow at the top of your picture (as displayed) or from the "thermistor"?
No, the picture is the correct way up, with the yellow tab at the bottom and the bend at the top. I do believe that is a thermistor, but I could remove it if I drained the system.
The leak is at the "hood" part of the piping, where the two pipes meet (the lip).

Reply to Leak at this fitting. Any suggestions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Recently all the water tanks in the attic were disconnected to connect to the mains water supply (mine was already on mains but the other 5 flats in the building needed to be connected to mains water) and the company were also going to fit PRV's and isolation valves to the pipework...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the centre of the plughole. My understanding is that this screw being loose means that water is able to leak out between the bath waste and the waste...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the manufacturers - the nearest equivalent is apparently this one: GoodHome Lazu 1 lever Mini Contemporary Basin Mono mixer Tap | DIY at B&Q -...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock