Search the forum,

Discuss Leak at this fitting. Any suggestions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

20191027_182536.jpg

Hello, I've got a leak on this part of my central heating, at the fitting (no idea what it would be called, Feed end Fitting?).
Has anyone had a similar issue? I've attempted to use LSX, Plummers Mate evo, and Fernox F4, without any success. I'm considering solder as a last resort, but the position of the pipe makes it incredibly awkward.

1. Is the picture is upside down, and if so, is the item with the wire attached part of your boiler? If so you need an engineer to sort it out.
2. The item with the wire attached looks like a thermistor (or similar) for measuring water temperature. If so, soldering near it is likely to destroy it.
3. Is the leak from the elbow at the top of your picture (as displayed) or from the "thermistor"?

Is it vertical as ur piccy shows or horizantal and u photo from above chking
It's vertical, the bend is at the top of the picture, with the yellow tab at the bottom.
[automerge]1572257992[/automerge]
1. Is the picture is upside down, and if so, is the item with the wire attached part of your boiler? If so you need an engineer to sort it out.
2. The item with the wire attached looks like a thermistor (or similar) for measuring water temperature. If so, soldering near it is likely to destroy it.
3. Is the leak from the elbow at the top of your picture (as displayed) or from the "thermistor"?
No, the picture is the correct way up, with the yellow tab at the bottom and the bend at the top. I do believe that is a thermistor, but I could remove it if I drained the system.
The leak is at the "hood" part of the piping, where the two pipes meet (the lip).

Reply to Leak at this fitting. Any suggestions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock