Plumbase Christmastime
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Lead pipe supplying drinking water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Plumbase Christmastime
I own the house bought it 5 month ago, none of this was picked up on the home report though. The water looks clean and tastes fine and no illnesses etc from drinking it.
Home reports are surveys you pay for but which are only to make sure the lolly you borrowed from whomever is recoverable if you fall down on the payments. They do not give an accurate survey of your property ...its called...' let the buyer beware'
you have more comeback on a pack of crisps than on your home purchase bluntly
centralheatking

Home reports are surveys you pay for but which are only to make sure the lolly you borrowed from whomever is recoverable if you fall down on the payments. They do not give an accurate survey of your property ...its called...' let the buyer beware'
you have more comeback on a pack of crisps than on your home purchase bluntly
centralheatking
I believe the bathroom is directly mains fed and is adjacent to the kitchen so hopefully getting this fixed should be a big issue.

Stigster

Esteemed
Plumber
the lead pipe is supplying my kitchen tap, and the lead pipe comes from upstairs, wether it is still connected to the tank I don’t know but the pressure of the kitchen tap is low compared to the others and I believe the tank is still connected to the mains as the overflow regularly spills
There's one easy test you can do to prove whether your kitchen cold tap is supplied by mains or by tank. Use the palm of your hand to cover the tap outlet and open the cold tap. If you can hold back the water using your hand it'll be tank fed. If the water cannot be held back inside that tap it'll be mains fed.

Would you be able to do that test and report back as it would be nice to know?

There's one easy test you can do to prove whether your kitchen cold tap is supplied by mains or by tank. Use the palm of your hand to cover the tap outlet and open the cold tap. If you can hold back the water using your hand it'll be tank fed. If the water cannot be held back inside that tap it'll be mains fed.

Would you be able to do that test and report back as it would be nice to know?
I done this the other day and was able to hold it back, couldn’t hold any other taps back only the cold in kitchen

I done this the other day and was able to hold it back, couldn’t hold any other taps back only the cold in kitchen
so your main water drinking and cooking tap in your kitchen of all places appears to be tank fed from a source which you have little control over, that really is the worst place to have a tank fed supply...get a decent plumber in asap. centralheatking

Reply to Lead pipe supplying drinking water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear