Search the forum,

Discuss Lead pipe split at branch in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello PFM's,

I have a proper nightmare and need some old skool advice.

Tenement Job
I was taking out an old copper riveted hot water cylinder and associated lead work and must have knocked the pipe beside as there was a crack at the tee seeping water possibly from the communal tank. I threw on some CT1 as a temp measure which is holding. Now I am racking my brain as to how to make a permanent fix. I've been trying to subby out the repair (at my expense) to resolve it with FA luck.

The OD on the lead pipe is 38mm so it is meaty.

I got 2 x MDPE 34-25 reducers and was planning to shut off the supply from the attic.
Shaving it back to fit the reducers, running plastic between the two but It means I would be cutting out the branch with a slug cock which goes to who knows where.

There is only one bathroom in the direction it heads but they all served off the rising mains so guessing it has bee capped off?!

The other issue is the pipe crack is literally mm distance beside the joist which makes it tough to use the fitting, bend the pipe?

What would you do apart from cry?

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 30
No guarantee can be given for the security of existing pipe and fittings.

It's on the estimate for this type of situation. Therefore any repairs are chargeable.

Might not help this time but something for the future.

Reply to Lead pipe split at branch in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock