Search the forum,

Discuss Lead pipe from gas meter through a wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi,

We've recently bought a house and I've only just noticed that the gas main running from the meter is lead for a few metres and then joins to copper. When we bought the place, a gas safety certificate was issued which didn't state any issues with the pipework.

It's an old victorian terrace with the gas meter on the party wall in the hallway. The meter joins the lead pipe, traces into the wall upwards to the bedroom above and then exits under the floorboards where it's joined into a copper pipe - the rest of the installation seems to be copper. The lead pipe also appears to be larger than the copper. I know this wouldn't be up to regs nowadays, but is this safe or should we be looking to replace it?

I'd say we're talking about 3m of pipe total - how much would I be expecting to pay to fix this?

Thanks for any advice!

Please register with us to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lead pipe from gas meter through a wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock