Search the forum,

Discuss Laser Level A Worthy Investment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

BYP

Gas Engineer
I’m considering investing in a laser level. I’m thinking it could come in useful and possibly save time for pipe layouts and boiler installs. At the moment I just use a spirit level. Anyone here using them and which do you recommend?

Cheers

the lad i work with uses one and swears by it, he is very neat with his installs. no need for pencil lines or the level moving

Yep I use one hilti but heard good reviews about the Dewalt 3 green laser one

I use laser level sometimes for installing radiators.
Saves putting pencil marks all over painted walls.
Very useful for instant level line around any room.
I was able to check the height of original fixed rad pipes just using laser to confirm one was short. A normal level couldn’t have done that.
Probably pay around £100 for reasonable laser.

Last edited:
I've had one of these for years:

Dewalt DW088K | CROSS LINE LASER

And I also bought a pole / tripod to use with it ......... can't imagine not having one now.

As some have said, the latest "green" lasers are easier to see in bright light - so if I was buying now that would be my choice.

Too late now but forgot to mention that a plumb point feature is really useful.
Had to put in a zillion downlights and found that setting them out on the floor then using the plumb point was easy peasy. Not so useful for you plumbers though...

All the tool fiends I know seem to swear by Imex, they make some good tools.

Leica make some good ones too, I have a red cross hair laser from them that's prob 3 - 4 years old. I think the new green ones are brighter.

Handy bits of kit, not much use in bright sunlight obviously.

Reply to Laser Level A Worthy Investment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's found it challenging trying to find a place to work, or gain experience in order to obtain my nvq level 2 even though I've passed my level 2 diploma 2...
Replies
Views
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat thermostats that are all hard wired back to the wiring centre; one for the central heating, one for a room with UFH, and one for the HW. I use the Heatmiser...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I have a Duravit vanity unit and was recommended to buy the Duravit space saving waste: 005076 But im unsure how this connects to the waste pipe in the wall. The plumber has fitted a standard waste, but he had to cut a hole at the back of the vanity. There is another to install...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock