Search the forum,

Discuss Laser Level A Worthy Investment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

BYP

Gas Engineer
I’m considering investing in a laser level. I’m thinking it could come in useful and possibly save time for pipe layouts and boiler installs. At the moment I just use a spirit level. Anyone here using them and which do you recommend?

Cheers

the lad i work with uses one and swears by it, he is very neat with his installs. no need for pencil lines or the level moving

Yep I use one hilti but heard good reviews about the Dewalt 3 green laser one

Been wandering this myself, will be watching this thread with interest, especially if anyone has any recommendations of which ones to go for.

Bought myself a dewalt green laser one about 9 months ago........ used it handful of times just on long pipe runs.

Find fitting rads etc just easier with s.level.

Do a lot of bathrooms so would be good for them. What does a decent one set you back?

I use laser level sometimes for installing radiators.
Saves putting pencil marks all over painted walls.
Very useful for instant level line around any room.
I was able to check the height of original fixed rad pipes just using laser to confirm one was short. A normal level couldn’t have done that.
Probably pay around £100 for reasonable laser.

Last edited:
I've had one of these for years:

Dewalt DW088K | CROSS LINE LASER

And I also bought a pole / tripod to use with it ......... can't imagine not having one now.

As some have said, the latest "green" lasers are easier to see in bright light - so if I was buying now that would be my choice.

I have the Dewalt laser and a tripod but only used it twice. I felt it was too much faffing about setting it up when a level and/or a baton does me quicker. The new Dewalt range with the green laser is much easier to see than the red version I have.

Too late now but forgot to mention that a plumb point feature is really useful.
Had to put in a zillion downlights and found that setting them out on the floor then using the plumb point was easy peasy. Not so useful for you plumbers though...

All the tool fiends I know seem to swear by Imex, they make some good tools.

Leica make some good ones too, I have a red cross hair laser from them that's prob 3 - 4 years old. I think the new green ones are brighter.

Handy bits of kit, not much use in bright sunlight obviously.

Reply to Laser Level A Worthy Investment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock