Search the forum,

Discuss Laser Level A Worthy Investment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

BYP

Gas Engineer
I’m considering investing in a laser level. I’m thinking it could come in useful and possibly save time for pipe layouts and boiler installs. At the moment I just use a spirit level. Anyone here using them and which do you recommend?

Cheers

the lad i work with uses one and swears by it, he is very neat with his installs. no need for pencil lines or the level moving

Yep I use one hilti but heard good reviews about the Dewalt 3 green laser one

I use laser level sometimes for installing radiators.
Saves putting pencil marks all over painted walls.
Very useful for instant level line around any room.
I was able to check the height of original fixed rad pipes just using laser to confirm one was short. A normal level couldn’t have done that.
Probably pay around £100 for reasonable laser.

Last edited:
I've had one of these for years:

Dewalt DW088K | CROSS LINE LASER

And I also bought a pole / tripod to use with it ......... can't imagine not having one now.

As some have said, the latest "green" lasers are easier to see in bright light - so if I was buying now that would be my choice.

Too late now but forgot to mention that a plumb point feature is really useful.
Had to put in a zillion downlights and found that setting them out on the floor then using the plumb point was easy peasy. Not so useful for you plumbers though...

All the tool fiends I know seem to swear by Imex, they make some good tools.

Leica make some good ones too, I have a red cross hair laser from them that's prob 3 - 4 years old. I think the new green ones are brighter.

Handy bits of kit, not much use in bright sunlight obviously.

Reply to Laser Level A Worthy Investment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock