From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Laser Level A Worthy Investment? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

BYP

Gas Engineer
I’m considering investing in a laser level. I’m thinking it could come in useful and possibly save time for pipe layouts and boiler installs. At the moment I just use a spirit level. Anyone here using them and which do you recommend?

Cheers

Gasmk1

Gas Engineer
Advent Win
the lad i work with uses one and swears by it, he is very neat with his installs. no need for pencil lines or the level moving

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Yep I use one hilti but heard good reviews about the Dewalt 3 green laser one

Been wandering this myself, will be watching this thread with interest, especially if anyone has any recommendations of which ones to go for.

shyguy2005

Gas Engineer
Bought myself a dewalt green laser one about 9 months ago.... used it handful of times just on long pipe runs.

Find fitting rads etc just easier with s.level.

SimonG

Plumber
Advent Win
Do a lot of bathrooms so would be good for them. What does a decent one set you back?

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
I use laser level sometimes for installing radiators.
Saves putting pencil marks all over painted walls.
Very useful for instant level line around any room.
I was able to check the height of original fixed rad pipes just using laser to confirm one was short. A normal level couldn’t have done that.
Probably pay around £100 for reasonable laser.

Last edited:
Excellent tool. Just be aware the green lasers are easier to see and generally have a longer range than the red lasers, but can be around double the price..

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

Murdoch

Res.Electrician
I've had one of these for years:

Dewalt DW088K | CROSS LINE LASER

And I also bought a pole / tripod to use with it ... can't imagine not having one now.

As some have said, the latest "green" lasers are easier to see in bright light - so if I was buying now that would be my choice.

OP
B

BYP

Gas Engineer
Thanks for the input lads, I have purchased one and it’s due to arrive tomorrow.

Deleted member 96286

Esteemed
Plumber
I have the Dewalt laser and a tripod but only used it twice. I felt it was too much faffing about setting it up when a level and/or a baton does me quicker. The new Dewalt range with the green laser is much easier to see than the red version I have.

Too late now but forgot to mention that a plumb point feature is really useful.
Had to put in a zillion downlights and found that setting them out on the floor then using the plumb point was easy peasy. Not so useful for you plumbers though...

just bought the dewalt dw088cg green laser, utter brilliance, the sparks on site just switched to as well it from standard red laser

All the tool fiends I know seem to swear by Imex, they make some good tools.

Leica make some good ones too, I have a red cross hair laser from them that's prob 3 - 4 years old. I think the new green ones are brighter.

Handy bits of kit, not much use in bright sunlight obviously.

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear

Reply to Laser Level A Worthy Investment? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Shower Power Booster | PlumbersForums.net Official Sponsor

Plumbers Tools | Plumbing Tools and Advice

You're on PlumbersForums.net, the worlds largest plumbing community. Find Plumbing Tools and products at the best prices. Our plumbing suppliers are some of the biggest suppliers available, stocking the best brands and the best prices. Register to our community for free, and post a thread to ask a out the tool you're considering and we'll find the cheapest price with quick delivery for you. We also have the Tile community for Tiling Tools, and Engineering community for Electrical Tools.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares