Search the forum,

Discuss Large waste needed for reconditioned cast iron bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DanMac

In a bit of a bind. Spent money reconditioning a lovely old cast iron bath but really struggling to get a waste to fit nicely in the recess. The hole itself is 70mm but the total diameter including recess is 95mm. The largest belfast sink waste has a wide flange that takes it to 85mm but the plumber has warned that the 5mm around the rim will hold water and go stagnant and mouldy etc. We can't use a shower waste because then we cannot use it as a bath and I am hesitant to use a basket sink drainer type waste as it could be a hazard for kids trapping toes in it etc.

Plumber suppliers all tell me to look online but I am getting no where. Any ideas?

I don't suppose you still have the old one ?

If not 2 choices
1. Have one made up as per PriestyUK but I would use brass as it is easy worked & can be plated to match taps.

2. Put in the biggest one you can find, if it is only 5mm around then use a white filler or washer in the gap if you are not confident in using an epoxy type one try a good quality silicon but mask it all up first so you just do the gap & don't make it flush. Scan10016.jpg

I had these ones made up for Ringo's (name dropper) place in London, the original glass basin before every one had them.

What a mere they were to have plated "nickel blow" took a couple of goes to get rid of.

Last edited:
Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Large waste needed for reconditioned cast iron bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock