Search the forum,

Discuss Large UFH with electric boiler in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Fos

Gas Engineer
Have a large ufh job to do 250m2 with low profile boards, 12mm pipe, 150mm spacing.
Customer does not want gas in the house so wants an electric boiler. Unvented cylinder will be direct so boiler will only be running ufh.
2 manifolds to be installed
3 phase will be installed, but this means 20kw+ boiler or cascading 2 smaller ones.

Anyone have experience with this size ufh with electric boilers ?

Yes we have done underfloor installs with electric boilers last one was a big new build 22kw heat load on underfloor. No real problems used a flexiheat boiler think they go up to 45kw
Job was for a farmer who had his own wind turbine !

Two slim Jim’s depends on ufh load

Reply to Large UFH with electric boiler in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
HI folks, is it possible/feasible/reasonable to insatll an ufh manifold and system (for a 17m2 room) from a disused CH 15mm flow and return? I would install a 15 to 22mm reducer into a pump then a 2 port manifold then into the floor then. back into the return of the manifold. Its an old...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have recently had a UFH circuit added to my existing CH/HW system and had a question on performance when UFH and CH are operating at the same time. My boiler is an Vailliant EcoTec Plus 630 and for a number of years this was running with a CH and HW loop only. Each loop had a 2 port...
Replies
Views
Hi, we had UFH installed dowstairs in our house recently, and I'm not 100% sure that it's connected correctly. I'd be grateful if someone could have a look at the diagrams and tell me if what the plumber did makes sense. The house is heated with an A2W Samsung/Joule heatpump. The buffer...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask a question after having a good read. House is undergoing a complete renovation and new pipework needs to be installed for the heating system. The current boiler is a WB Greenstar 34CDI combi boiler and is not very old so I wanted to reuse this in a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock