Search the forum,

Discuss Large bore waste pipe cracked in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi guys, got called out to local cafe regarding leaking waste pipe. took 32mm pipe, 40mm pipe, solvent weld, compression fittings, elbows, tees and couplings, got to job and bugger me if it ain’t 60mm pipe that has cracked on a tee in the most awkward place.

Everything is fitted with solvent weld and there is little room for manoeuvre so cutting out and simply replacing is not really an option. Is there a flexi solution available, been looking online but not seen anything yet,

Living in rural Scotland so suppliers limited here

Cheers

Is it standard waste pipe?
50mm or another type of plastic ABS, valcathene etc

Is it standard waste pipe?
50mm or another type of plastic ABS, valcathene etc
Crack is under the non visible end of the tee, wrapped in self amalgamating silicon tape as temp repair

3B0B53F1-9B1B-4F18-93C5-C36FE9613488.jpeg

50mm waste pipe looks like you can get a fernco coupling

A solution I've employed in the past to remove knackered solvent weld fittings, is to use a heat gun on the joint slowly & gently pulling and twisting as you warm up it comes off.

Clean up the male portion of the pipe and rebuild. Done it on many occasions for external pipework which is shot through UV exposure (sunlight) but the stuff still in the wall is fine. HTH

WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP
I understand it is rural Jockland but there should still be no place to hitch up your horse partner. :(

Your mistaken I’m cheap it’s a donkey :D

Ok thanks for having a look, will let you know how it pans out, cheers
Your mistaken I’m cheap it’s a donkey :D
A solution I've employed in the past to remove knackered solvent weld fittings, is to use a heat gun on the joint slowly & gently pulling and twisting as you warm up it comes off.

Clean up the male portion of the pipe and rebuild. Done it on many occasions for external pipework which is shot through UV exposure (sunlight) but the stuff still in the wall is fine. HTH
Turns out it is/was 50mm, managed to source some and fix the issue. Just as well I cut out the broken tee, pipe was filled with congealed fat with only a small channel allowing water to flow through . Cleaned that out too. Thanks for tip about heat gun, will squirrel that info away for later use. Cheers all

Reply to Large bore waste pipe cracked in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock