Search the forum,

Discuss Landlords cert....again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

clarky101

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, done a Landlords cert on a 3 year old Logic Plus Combi which though out so much co that my fga went off the scale. Told landlord, capped gas, attached warning notice, wrote all down on cert , landlord getting Ideal in as its in warranty .......now is the cert chargeable ? Or do I charge twice for a cert after Ideal have been in? Looking forward for your answers......

I would charge the second visit seperate. If you are feeling generous or do a lot of work for the landlord you could give them a reduced rate?

Done quite a bit for them over the last few years but it’s dried up this year........

Send it as llgsc isn't a pass or fail

This is the pants thing with plumbing and gas , landlords just think it's a free return no cost. Try getting a brickie back for a freebie

If you had to pay an employee to return would they go for free?

Two visits, two reports, two bills. Always, even if he gives you loads of work. We ain't running charities, he is not a mate or a family member. Get him billed and don't feel bad.
As we did years ago get these landlords on a monthly retainer
Set your prices right and make MONEY

When I take my van off for MOT, if I leave the premises and return for a retest they have to do a full retest and so are entitled to recharge in full. Never taken my van away, but if I did and they did charge me twice, so be it, and I'd still take my van there. I think the parallel is obvious.

What are you all talking about?

The first visit - the OP has identified faults and acted accordingly . So far so good.

All that should happen is to write out the cert and get paid.

Ideal will visit. They will rectify and do the relevant tests.

End off.

There is no requirement for a 2nd visit or 2nd cert.

All assuming Ideal accept that it is a warranty issue.

Ideal will rectify yes, but won’t carry out gas cert. that the landlord needs. OP failed first one so will need to come out again to sign off for the landlord the second time.

Ideal will rectify yes, but won’t carry out gas cert. that the landlord needs. OP failed first one so will need to come out again to sign off for the landlord the second time.
Sure I heard somewhere that as long as the issue highlighted on the cert is rectified and paperwork left to confirm this. Another cert is not needed. As above though. If they wanted a cert that said it was safe it would be chargeable

Ideal will warrenty there work eg check it's within limits and should leave a report

Fair point. further question (possibly not for this forum!!). what if the OP took initial CO reading and ratio was sky high with immediate fail. would Ideal carry out full check following this, including safety devices, negating the need for the follow up check by OP

They would have to, to confirm it's working and within manufacturer spec

GC. No. you are wrong, mate. But you are not alone.

It did not "fail" the first one. There is no such thing as a "fail" in that context. The requirement os for a cert to be issued as a "snapshot" of the installation at the time of testing. The cert IS issued as it stands. You categorise your findings, and you either do the remedials, or the punter goes elsewhere. End off.

If Ideal attend, and agree to rectify, they have to comply with 26.9, so will be left safe.

Obviously, if the punter wants a "clean" cert, he must then pay for it - but it has to be done from scratch, as that will be the snapshot at the time of that inspection.

Who suggested they should?
I think he was referring to the original question of should I charge for the first visit or only charge on return visit?

That's how I read it.

Also on the MOT situation some (most) garages do a free retest which could be why some people ask the original question?

I would say charge for 1st and charge for each subsequent visit. Just tell the landlord I am sorry but it's taking up a slot I my diary where I could be earning money elsewhere.

Reply to Landlords cert....again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock