Search the forum,

Discuss Ladder radiator valves in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Am about to change my standard bathroom rad for a ladder type rad. However I need a little advice. I have pictured my current valve which runs from the side of the rad into walled in pipes. As the ladder rad has valve outlets at the bottom I don't know the best way to connect. Any help gratefully received.
20200311_145121.jpg

What’s the centre to centre of your existing pipes ?

Before you go ahead make sure you are not trading looks for performance. Ladder rads usually give out way less heat than their equal sized panel rads. You most likely will have to change the valves, if you don’t think it thro the pipework can look pretty ugly. Centralheatking

What’s the centre to centre of your existing pipes ?
Centre to centre is 590mm. Both rads are 500mm
[automerge]1584004899[/automerge]
Before you go ahead make sure you are not trading looks for performance. Ladder rads usually give out way less heat than their equal sized panel rads. You most likely will have to change the valves, if you don’t think it thro the pipework can look pretty ugly. Centralheatking
It's a warm bathroom anyway. The Immersion heater tank is a partition wall away so heats the room quite well. Also it's a second bathroom so rarely gets used until we have guests.

Centre to centre is 590mm. Both rads are 500mm
[automerge]1584004899[/automerge]

It's a warm bathroom anyway. The Immersion heater tank is a partition wall away so heats the room quite well. Also it's a second bathroom so rarely gets used until we have guests.

would get a 600mm wide towel rad then and do two 10mm sets so pipes end up around the 545mm ish

You simply need new straight valves. And to find a towel rail to match your split. A 600 may be tight at the pipe splits are probly around 565. But maybe you will have enough play in the pipes to accomodate. Also be aware some towel rails stick out more than rads eg 80-100mm from wall so be sure to factor this in to avoid pipe alteration/bent pipes.

As above, angled valves with an elbow may be easiest option. Another option would be to raise the towel rail enough to get some pretty offset bends to reach your required width. third option is to exchange the rad for 600w and if possible just knock out some plasterboard and pull pipes toward each other to get required split.

Reply to Ladder radiator valves in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock