Search the forum,

Discuss Knocking Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greener

Hi All
I have a problem with knocking pipes. When hot supply is shut at any tap there is a knocking sound from the pipes.The hot water is supplied by electric water heater. Any ideas????

Is this a new water heater? sounds like pipes knocking from poorly fixed piping. ie as water is taken from mains pressure as turning off supply pipes moving.

see if you can identify the main source of the banging and check the surrounding pipework ; hold the pipes one at a time if the banging stops you,ve identified the sourse.
Now all you have to do is cure it , it may just be that a pipe has worked loose and needs reclipping, it could also be the jumper on the tap needs attention.
It also pays to check the mains water pressure, has it increased ? if so just simply turn it back down on your internal stop tap.

Ok guys thanks for all the suggestions I will check out the pressure and pipes thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Knocking Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock