Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen tap removal advice in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I'm after a bit of advice regarding replacing a kitchen mixer tap. Having checked the underside of the sink I have noticed that there appears to be a plastic sheath covering the rod and backing nut. (see attached photo).

Therefore I'm left wondering if this sheath is there to aid installation and removal by enabling easier access with tools and once the plastic sheath has been removed the tap should come out or whether the plastic is simply a cover for the rod and therefore once removed the backing nut will be exposed.

Any advice regarding this would be gratefully received.

Attachments

• 20200617_133419.gif
    20200617_133419.gif
    141.6 KB · Views: 7
Just unscrew it and tap will come off. Probably

Is it plastic sheathing, or just a nylon nut? Either way as lee suggested, just unscrew it and tapmshould come off. It might be there to stop it rusting?

They quite often are difficult to open make sure you have the correct size box spanner to remove it, otherwise you will round it off. then its the blow torch to melt it and hacksaw from the top. :eek:

Reply to Kitchen tap removal advice in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock