Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen strainer plug in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a double sink, and the small sink is about 29cm x 15cm, and 12cm deep. When filled, the water slowly drains away. I tried a simple rubber plug, and the water does not drain away. This sink is not used much, so I don't think that it is down to wear. The plug is the original plug that came with the sink. It is an ivory colour, which matches the sinks. I could purchase an exact replacement, but I am conscious that I may have the same problem. Below is a photo of the plug.

strainer plug.png

If the small bowl doesn't have an overflow, AND does not have a low point which can drain into the main bowl, then the plug may be designed to always allow water through to avoid flooding if the taps are left on.

It might be not sealing properly.
Thank you for your reply. This may sound like a silly reply on my behalf, but if I push the plug down really hard, the water stops draining away. I am an aged pensioner, and I don't think that I should have to do this, but it is the only way to solve the problem.

If the small bowl doesn't have an overflow, AND does not have a low point which can drain into the main bowl, then the plug may be designed to always allow water through to avoid flooding if the taps are left on.
It does have a low point, so the water can drain into the main bowl, and vice versa. There is no overflow on either bowl.

Overflow on kitchen sink is fairly pointless anyway as most of them can’t keep up with a decent mains supply on full bore.

Reply to Kitchen strainer plug in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock