Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen sink with no pre cut holes in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys

Need some advise.

I've bought a new kitchen sink but there isn't any pre cut holes for the mixer. How do you make a hole in the metal sink?

Would really appreciate the advice.

Thanks

Hi there.

We don't have space as the sink goes against a window. The only place is to mount on the sink. Unfortunately no choice.

If you do have to drill it, use a decent quality holesaw, like a Starrett. Note the holesaw and arbor come separately, and you need the correct arbor for the size of saw. Mark out very carefully, centre punch to give the drill a good start. Try and do the centre punch with the spot on the sink resting on some soft wood so the metal doesn't distort. When drilling start and push through firmly and continuously until the hole is complete. Don't slacken off and reapply pressure, there is a good chance the stainless steel will work harden. If you do have to pause, back the drill right off before stopping. If you can, support the hole area on a piece of soft wood, you'll get a better cut edge if you do.

I would say if it hadn’t got a hole made by the manufacturer, then it’s not designed for a tap, I’ve never heard of drilling a kitchen sink to fit a tap in all the years I’ve been fitting them, do you have a photo?

We use a hole punch.
Drill a 12mm hole, insert the punch and.....you have a hole.

Holesaws may blemish the sink if you get it too hot and ruin the sink if something goes wrong

Reply to Kitchen sink with no pre cut holes in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock