Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen Sink - Smells From Sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MGBV8

From time to time I get a 'drain' smell from my kitchen sink (1 and a half bowl) when the washing machine is running.
It seems that when the washing machine is discharging vacuum occurs and sucks all the water out of the kitchen trap. When we run water into the sink to reseal the trap the smell subsides.
I have disconnected all the waste plumbing to check for blockages etc and everything is clean.
We have the washing machine waste and dishwasher waste connected into a combi outlet which is fitted above the main sink bowl trap.
We have no problems when using the dishwasher or the kitchen sink bowls.
I have seen an anti-syphon valve that can be fitted to the flexi washing machine waste - will this fix my problem?
I had wondered if it might be better to run the wastes from the dishwasher and wash machine after the kitchen sink trap - would this be better?

Sorry for the long first post
Any advice would be appreciated.

fit a standpipe appliance type trap for washer and dishwasher down stream of the sink. this may alleviate the problem in itself but if it persists fit an anti syphon sink trap.

KJ

Should do. And at 4 squiddlies if it doesn't, you've not really thrown any money away.

yep.

be aware tho that the image in the link is misleading. it is only the valve that you get. the 2 connectors shown in the pic are not included.

KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen Sink - Smells From Sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock